We know buying a house doesn’t have to be hard… because we’ve perfected doing it the easy way. We’ve also perfected how to look “Pinterest perfect” without much fuss.
Anytime there’s a holiday get-together, we’d all love to look like we slaved away for hours in the kitchen or craft room. But who actually has time for that? Not us! Well, we’re here for you.
Forget everything you’ve heard: Getting prequalified for a mortgage can also be easy. Click here to get prequalified online.
The awesome desserts on Pinterest can be complicated, but there’s no reason to spend hours in the kitchen when you can spend it with the ones you love. Check out how we turned a complicated treat into a task so easy a 4-year-old can do it. (Literally!)
Memorial Day cupcakes in a jar supplies
- 13 pint-size Mason jars
- 1 box of red velvet cake
- 1 box of blue velvet cake (or vanilla cake and blue food coloring)
- Eggs, oil, and water per box instructions
- 2 containers of cream cheese icing
- Red and blue sprinkles
- Two 9” round cake pans (or we think a 9 x 13” would work, too!)
- 3” round cookie or biscuit cutter
- Piping bag and tip
Talk about easy. Our free mortgage app lets you skip the paperwork and fly into your new home instead.
Memorial Day cupcakes in a jar tutorial
Whether or not you consider yourself a baker, these patriotic treats are doable for any skill level. As a fun afternoon activity, and to explain the meaning of Memorial Day, kids can help, too:
1. Prepare both boxed cakes according to package instructions.
2. Our cakes required a total of six eggs, a stick of butter, and 1/3 cup of oil.
Is your mortgage in need of some TLC? Freshen it up (and potentially save money) with a home loan refinance.
3. Let the cakes cool completely.
4. Using the 3” round cutter, cut as many circles as you can from each of your cakes.
5. We were able to get 27 circles total.
Get your piping bag ready by snipping the end and dropping in the tip. Place the bag in a tall glass and fold the edges over the glass. Fill it with one container of icing. Piping bags and tips are now readily available on the baking aisle in most grocery stores. If you can’t find any, just snip the top of a gallon-size storage bag, and you’re good to go!
6. Grab a jar and start stacking.
7. Place a cake circle in the bottom of your jar. Top with icing.
8. Place another cake circle on top, followed by more icing, and then sprinkles. And voila!
The best part might be that these awesome, individual-sized desserts are so easy to transport. Kind of like our loan process. When you download our free mortgage app, you’ll be able to access your home loan anywhere you are. LoanFly keeps your mortgage in your back pocket. As for these simplified cupcakes, just pop on the lids, bag them up, and head to your Memorial Day celebration!
By Abby Fernandez
For educational purposes only. Please contact your qualified professional for specific guidance.
Sources are deemed reliable but not guaranteed.