The leaves are changing, fires are burning, and cider is wafting in the air. Fall isn’t just a gorgeous season that helps us transition from the heat of summer to the frosty months ahead. Fall — with its spice and pumpkin and vanilla and pinecone scents — smells spectacular too.
“The easiest loan I’ve ever completed.” Click here to make buying a house easy.
5 fun facts about fall (to get you even more excited)
We doubt we need to convince you to get ready for the change in seasons. If social media is any indicator, most people have been counting down the days until enjoying football, fuzzy sweaters, pumpkin spice lattes, and boots becomes socially acceptable again.
We make your home loan about you. Give the Cornerstone experience a try.
But on the off-chance you need an injection of fall cheer, consider these little-known facts that make the season even more special:
- Potato, potahto. This crisp season is more likely to be called “fall” in the U.S. versus “autumn” in the UK. Before the 16th century, however, our ancestors were calling the months between summer and winter “harvest.”
- Longevity for fall babies. Speaking of harvest (and bounty and plentitude), those lucky babes born between September and November have a higher chance of living to 100.
- Local business boost. If you’ve ever gone on a drive to see the leaves — or even visited the East Coast for just that reason — you can pat yourself on the back for supporting our economy. Fall tourism, or “leaf peeping,” in New England generates $1.42 billion in revenue a year.
- Lucky in love. It’s not just your imagination — fall scents make us feel good, in more ways than one. Testosterone in men and women rises in the fall season, which can stimulate desire and libido. Some physicians believe we’re more likely to seek out mates in the fall too.
- On the move. With those hot days behind us, a fall afternoon is the perfect time to head out for a hike or a jog to enjoy the weather. And here, being born in the season has yet another benefit — autumn and winter babies may be more athletic.
Forget the fall candles: Fall DIY scent ingredients
- 1 orange
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 7 cups water
- 1 saucepan
Forget the fall candles: Fall DIY scent tutorial
There is such a thing as mortgage made easy. Start by getting prequalified online.
We promised it would be easy. You can fill your home with intoxicating autumnal aromas using a pan and two natural ingredients:
1. Add water to a saucepan, filling one-third of the way. Peel your orange and then add fresh orange peels and cinnamon sticks to the water.
2. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low.
Just like this super-simple fall tutorial, we’re a mortgage lender that takes the hard stuff and makes it easy. If you dread the hassle of getting prequalified for a mortgage before you buy a house, take a shortcut by downloading our app: LoanFly is fast, friendly, and totally free.
For educational purposes only. Please contact your qualified professional for specific guidance.
Sources are deemed reliable but not guaranteed.