As always, we’re on a mission to turn things that should be difficult into something really simple. Much like our mortgage process.
Getting prequalified for a home loan is a piece of cake. The LoanFly app makes it easy.
Cookie dough is quite possibly better than baked cookies. But who wants to take the chance of getting sick just for an amazingly delicious nibble of raw cookie dough? Well, we have a solution!
Check out our completely safe-to-eat cookie dough on a cone — with a surprise inside any kid (or kid at heart) will love.
Edible cookie dough cones ingredients
Edible cookie dough
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Red and blue sprinkles, as desired
- 12 count cake cones
- 2 squares vanilla bark
- Patriotic sprinkles
- Red, white, and blue candy
This yummy recipe is (almost) as easy as getting prequalified for a mortgage online.
Edible cookie dough cones tutorial
How do we make our cookie dough delicious and safe to eat raw? We cut the eggs and pasteurize the flour:
1. Preheat your oven to 350° F. Spread the flour on a baking sheet, smooth with a fork to create an even layer, and pop it in the oven for 5 minutes.
2. While the flour is cooling, mix the butter, granulated sugar, and confectioners’ sugar for a few minutes. The mixture should have an airy or fluffy look.
3. Add the milk and vanilla until well-blended.
4. About 1 minute.
5. Pour the flour onto a piece of parchment paper and stir in the salt. Use the parchment paper as a funnel to slowly add the flour to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix between each addition of flour.
6. Add as many or as few sprinkles as you like and stir with a spoon until mixed.
7. Using an ice cream or cookie scoop, create ice cream size scoops of cookie dough and place each scoop on the parchment paper atop the baking sheet. Yes, we reuse things to make this recipe even easier!
Place the scoops in the fridge until the cones are ready. The cones are so good you might want to eat them without the cookie dough. (We totally won’t judge you.)
8. Melt the cubes of vanilla bark in the microwave in 20-30 second increments until fully melted. Don’t overheat it!
Wondering if it’s a better time for a renter or a buyer? Give our free calculator a try.
9. Dip the top of the cone (the opening) into the melted bark. Press the cone down so that the bark moves up the sides. Lift the cone out and let the excess bark drip off.
10. Using a spoon, drop sprinkles around the edges of the cone, then sit upright on the counter. Fill the cone with your candy of choice.
11. While the bark is still slightly melted, place your cookie dough scoops on top. You can even create double-decker treats!
And that’s it. So, so easy. You know what’s even easier? Prequalifying for a home loan. You could have had your approval in the time it took to make these patriotic Labor Day treats.
By Abby Fernandez
For educational purposes only. Please contact your qualified professional for specific guidance.
Sources are deemed reliable but not guaranteed.