Jan. 11, 2018.
People have been putting fruit in their water since the beginning of time (we think), but fruit-fusions, or fruit-infused waters, see an uptick in popularity come January 1. Fortunately, this is one flavorful, fresh, and frugal Pinterest pick that’s easy to make at home.
Whether you’re participating in dry January for the New Year, a newer habit-flipping campaign created by the charity Alcohol Concern in the UK, or whether you’d like to find more ways to stay hydrated, this fruit-flavored water recipe can help. Mix up this “spa water,” keep it in your refrigerator, and take it to work or out running errands. And make sure to scroll to the bottom of this post for six more fruit-infused water flavor combinations.
DIY fruit flavored water ingredients
- Large pitcher or urn
- 8 cups cold water
- 2 lemons, sliced with rind removed
- 1 cup strawberries, washed and sliced
- 8 mint leaves, chopped
*Alternately, divide the recipe ingredients by 1/4 to use in a personal-sized water bottle with infuser.
A new year, a new you. Is it time to clean up your mortgage? Contact one of our loan officers to learn more about home loan refinance.
DIY fruit flavored water directions
While this lemon-berry water is undoubtedly refreshing (and some might say addicting), it has some associated health benefits. Lemons aid in digestion and detoxification and support immunity. Berries are rich in antioxidants and can help to fight inflammation. Mint is also a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that could help benefit seasonal allergies.
Introducing a better way to mortgage. It’s fast, it’s free, and it’s easy. It’s all in the app.
A healthy, hydrating treat you can sip on all day long, here’s how to make this fruit-infused water at home:
1. Gather ingredients.
2. Prep ingredients.
3. Pour cold filtered water into a large pitcher or urn. Muddle ingredients — by mashing together — in a separate bowl to release their flavors.
4. Add muddled ingredients to water pitcher and stir well.
5. Leave overnight for 24 hours to let the flavors infuse.
6. Use a strainer to remove extra fruit pulp or strain through the water pitcher before drinking. Reuse each fruit-herb mixture 2 to 3 times before throwing out and replacing.
We hate waiting for closing day as much as you do. We can get you there fast.
6 more fruit-infusion combos that will make H2O taste better
The best part about getting hooked on fruit-infused water is that there’s little risk with big reward for this healthy New Year habit. Even better, there are nearly limitless combinations you can make, each with their own purported health benefits.
Try one of these recipe combinations to keep things interesting or make your own concoction:
- Cranberries + red apple + lemon + orange zest – May support detoxification and freshen breath.
- Pear + raspberries + cloves – May support digestion and energy levels.
- Red apple + cherries + cinnamon – May help to boost metabolism.
- Mango + peach + ginger – May relieve aches, pains, and nausea.
- Watermelon + cucumber + mint – May hydrate the skin and calm the stomach.
- Grapefruit + orange + blueberry + basil – May boost immunity and flush toxins.
While you’re relaxing and sipping on your fruit water, let us take care of your mortgage. Download our free LoanFly app, and you can get prequalified and find out how much house you can afford in minutes. Once you’re prequalified, you’ll have insta-access to your LoanFly Borrower Portal, where you can track your home loan’s progress until closing day.
For educational purposes only. Please contact your qualified professional for specific guidance.
Sources are deemed reliable but not guaranteed.