Use these quickie gift wrapping tips, and you’ll be more excited to give than receive. Don’t forget your essentials — double stick tape, scissors, and a hard surface for wrinkle-free wrapping.
18 ways to take the average Christmas gift to the next level
May your gifts look adorable, and your holidays be merry and bright.
1. Stamp rustic brown paper in silver with holiday images like Christmas trees, snowmen, stockings, and more.
2. Adorn your gift with a bow of unusual material, like velvet, handmade paper, or felt.
3. Take plain gift wrapping paper to the next level by adding your favorite holiday quotes with a metallic paint pen.
4. Wrap your gift in vintage lace and a big, satin ribbon.
5. Sketch or paint a vase on plain paper and glue on faux flowers to finish.
6. Add a fun, personalized ornament to your gift – it doubles as an extra gift!
7. Add a giant candy cane or lollipop to make a sweet statement.
8. Rustic is in — pine cones, some cinnamon, and a sprig of pine will look lovely and will carry the spirit of the season.
9. Take an old book with beautiful script and use the paper as gift wrap.
Holiday shopping is hard. Buying a house can be easy. Why not Prequalify Now?
10. Cut out a fun family photo into the shape of an ornament and make it into a gift tag.
11. Print out scenes from your favorite Christmas movies, cut them into squares, and use them to decorate your gift wrap.
12. Make origami out of Christmas paper — or fold an origami snowman — to place on top of a gift.
13. Cut out the images from a children’s Christmas book and arrange them in a beautiful collage for a unique card.
14. Print out old family photos and make them into gift tags that double as a card.
15. Pick a theme — like self-care or Christmas morning brunch — and use cellophane to wrap a gift basket.
16. Put treats or stocking stuffers into large Mason jars and hand out as group gifts.
17. Paint or decorate an inexpensive wine container or gift box that fits the shape of your present.
18. Use a free pattern to crochet a gift bag or wine tote, which may still take newbies just a few minutes.
How about a new home for the holidays?
Not only is it a great time to become a homeowner and potentially start building thousands of dollars in equity, but there are even bigger benefits to buying off-season. This is the time of year where you’re likely to see price drops, so you could get more house for less. Download LoanFly to prequalify for a mortgage from anywhere — even while traveling to visit your family.
For educational purposes only. Please contact your qualified professional for specific guidance.
Sources are deemed reliable but not guaranteed.