Consider these key takeaways:
- Based on member surveys, the National Association of Realtors’ (NAR) most recent Profile of Home Staging was released.
- The findings showed that 62 percent of seller’s agents agreed that staging a house shortens the length of time it stays on the market.
- For 50 percent of staged houses, buyers placed offers with a dollar-value from 1 to 10 percent higher.
- And, 77 percent of buyer’s agents shared that staging was a helpful way for buyers to see a home as theirs.
- The kitchen, master bedroom, living room, and dining room were the top areas to stage to draw more homebuyers.
Hey –> Click here to find out how this season’s sellers are moving into their new homes in 10 days.
4 handy home staging tips can help you sell faster
If you’re prepping to sell your house, focusing on a few priorities can provide a greater impact:
- Help buyers feel at home. Do this by decluttering. Put away any personal items, pictures, and mementos. According to NAR’s report, “Buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home.”
- Keep everything organized. Decluttering is the first step, and the second is organization. Pick up toys and clothes, put away dishes and clean out the sink, and make up the bed. As noted in the report, a well-staged kitchen is one of the main rooms that can attract buyers.
- Price it right. More home inventory comes into the market in the spring, meaning more seller competition. You’re aiming to get your house noticed. You can do this with the guidance of your realtor by ensuring it’s PTSI, or Priced to Sell Immediately. This’ll help drive buyer traffic and create interest.
- Offer buyers open access. If you make your home available at any time, you’ll give prospective buyers a wide window of opportunity. Many buyers, like those relocating, have time constraints when house-hunting. If they can’t get a showing, they’ll move onto the next house.
Covering these basics ups the potential that your home will sit for less time on the market. Not only that, but as NAR’s report indicated, your offers may be 10-percent higher than other comparable homes that aren’t staged.
Accept an offer. Find your dream house. Get move-in ready in 10 days.
Prequalifying for your new mortgage now can prepare you for how fast this spring’s housing market may be moving. Get this important first step out of the way in advance so you can focus on your house-hunt. Then once you sell and snap up the home you love, you could have keys in hand in 10 days.
For educational purposes only. Please contact your qualified professional for specific guidance.
Sources deemed reliable but not guaranteed.