Mar. 27, 2018.
When we started out as a mortgage lender almost 30 years ago, we made it our goal to treat our team members like family. And based on the results of the 2018 Best Workplaces awards from Great Place to Work and FORTUNE, we’re humbled to find they’ve returned the appreciation.
Cornerstone Home Lending, Inc., has been ranked as number 11 for 2018 Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance. In fact, 95 percent of our team members say working at Cornerstone is “great.” We’ve also been ranked as a Houston Chronicle Top Workplace for eight years running.
“Organizations like Cornerstone Home Lending set the bar for other Financial Services and Insurance companies, proving that if you invest in your people they will invest in you,” said Michael Bush, CEO of Great Place to Work.
Want to love who you work with and love what you do? There’s always room for great talent in our growing work-family.
What makes Cornerstone a Great Place to Work? Team member pride tops 96%
By an overwhelming majority — 95 percent — Cornerstone team members agree that working here is great. That’s just the beginning:
- Support. 96 percent of team members say they’re given enough resources and equipment to do their jobs.
- Pride. 96 percent of team members say they’re proud to tell other people they work at Cornerstone.
- Community. 95 percent of team members say Cornerstone team members care about each other.
- Integrity. 95 percent of team members say management is ethical and honest in all business practices.
- Leadership. 95 percent of team members say management is competent in running their mortgage business.
These compelling numbers came from 979 member surveys collected in 2017 for the 2018 Best Workplaces awards.
“This is the BEST company I have ever worked for!” – Click here to join the Cornerstone Talent Network.
Team members also ranked Cornerstone highly for our:
- 98 percent – Great atmosphere
- 98 percent – Great pride
- 96 percent – Great bosses
- 96 percent – Great communication
- 95 percent – Great challenges
- 95 percent – Great rewards
Waking up every morning excited to start your workday = priceless. Find your next opportunity.
Cornerstone does mortgage different (and our team members benefit)
To come up with Cornerstone’s number 11 national ranking for 2018 Best Workplaces, FORTUNE received input from over 76,000 team members within the Financial Services and Insurance industry. Great Place to Work, a consulting and research firm, assessed more than 50 job factors based on team member experiences. These workplace elements included team member pride in a company’s impact on the community, personal belief that their work and contributions make a difference, and finding meaning in the work they do.
To say we’re honored to receive this award would be an understatement. We consider our talented team members and family-like atmosphere at work key to our continued success.
We’ll keep showing our team members how much they mean to us by staying committed to:
- Putting team members first and treating them like family.
- Continuing to find creative ways to provide more work-life balance.
- Promoting from within whenever possible.
- Offering frequent cash drawings that increase based on team member tenure.
- Celebrating with a “work as we play” attitude with perks like raffles, catered lunches, birthday gifts, holidays, and bonus days off.
- Providing a multitude of team member benefits including 401(k) retirement options, training and development opportunities, home loan discounts, paid vacation, short-and long-term disability plans, and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans.
If you’re looking for a Great Place to Work, get to know us better. Join the Cornerstone Talent Network, and you’ll receive up-to-date alerts on the latest job opportunities that you can also share with friends and family. Your unique talents could be what our work-family is missing.
For educational purposes only. Please contact your qualified professional for specific guidance.
Sources deemed reliable but not guaranteed.