Cornerstone Home Lending is one of 2021 Best Workplaces in Texas, and we couldn’t be more excited! We’re proudly listed in the lineup of the top 65 best large companies to work for in Texas, alongside Hyatt, CarMax, and Noom, in partnership with Great Place to Work®.*
We’re also ranked as one of the 2021 Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance, with large companies like Nationwide and American Express.
96% of our team members say Cornerstone is a great place to work
In contrast, only 59 percent of team members at the typical business in the U.S. say they feel “great” about working at their company.
These are the highlights from our 2021 Great Place to Work® survey:*
- Environment: 97 percent of our team members say our facilities promote a healthy work atmosphere.
- Ethics: 97 percent say management is ethical and honest in all practices.
- Pride: 97 percent say they’re proud to tell others where they work.
- Service: 97 percent say our customers would rate our service as “excellent.”
- Support: 96 percent say management and leadership perform competently.
- Overall satisfaction: 96 percent say Cornerstone is a great place to work.
Here’s a small sample of what our team members are saying:
- “Cornerstone is the best place to work. Great owners, managers, and coworkers. This is my working family. They do it right!!”
- “Best culture in the industry. Executive management values my input and my personal well-being. The CEO personally contacts me on each anniversary since I was hired and sends me a birthday card every year.”
- “How Cornerstone cares for our team members, communities, and the families that we serve is truly inspiring. It is an incredible feeling to be able to be so proud of the organization that I’m a part of.”
These new honors that add up to over a decade’s worth of top workplace awards are humbling. We’re a Houston Chronicle Top Workplace for eleven years running. Just recently, we collected four more major top workplace rankings that included Dallas, San Antonio, and Denver. We’re also a 2020 Great Place to Work® in Financial Services & Insurance and for Women, as well as a 2019 Best Workplace for Diversity.
Last year’s loan volume was unprecedented, and it’s shaping up to be another big year for Cornerstone. Marc Laird, Cornerstone Home Lending chairman and CEO, says the company is well-prepared to thrive through the current housing market boom and weather any upcoming fluctuations.
The key to Cornerstone’s success? Sticking to our Core Convictions.
Marc says Cornerstone will focus on maintaining loan production by continuing to help existing loan originators build their business, investing in new technology, and reinforcing the company’s 100-percent commitment to on-time closing, beating the industry standard.
Cornerstone also remains committed to healthy change. In a recent email Marc sent a few months ago, he stated that Cornerstone will continually change, grow, and innovate — not to replace our team members but to make their jobs easier and more fulfilling.
Time and again, Cornerstone makes good on our promise to care for our people. No wonder our average tenure is over 12 years (again, far surpassing the industry norm), a number that’s only increasing with each passing year.
Job openings in Houston: Your new work-family awaits
Maybe it’s time to find a company that treats you like family. We’re here to make mortgage meaningful and your life easy — by putting our borrowers before our bottom line and by offering the strongest loan officer support ratios in the industry. Click here if you’re ready to join a 2021 Best Workplace in Texas.
For educational purposes only. Please contact your qualified professional for specific guidance.
Sources deemed reliable but not guaranteed.